DRAWING CHILDREN INTO READING
The Non-For-Profit Organization
~Creating the magic that connects children to their own possibilities~
Meet Some of the Project Pioneers
The children below drew with Miss Wendy once a week for two years in kindergarten and first grade...now they are juniors in high school.
See what they have to say about drawing early on and how it has helped them in their education.
1. Why Should We Teach Young People to Draw?
2. Why This Program is Important for Early Childhood Education?
3. What Are Your Plans After High School?
4. Where Do Your Drawing Abilities & Academic Abilities Meet?
5. What Advice Do You Have For a Young Child Today?
6. Did Drawing Effect Your Reading, Writing, or Simply Your Understanding of Something?
7. Why Do You Think, Doodle, and Draw?
8. Can Drawing Help Build Confidence?
9. How Has Having Good Handwriting Helped Your Writing?
10. Do You Like to Draw and/or Create Now?
11. How Has Art Helped You?
12. What Are Your Thoughts About Cursive?
13. What are your Favorite Art Supplies Now?
THANK YOU PROJECT PIONEERS FOR HELPING US START THIS PROGRAM!